Friday, September 17, 2010

"Spotted Pony"

Right now, I am drinking coffee from my adorable Starbucks mug, deciding wether to do school, or laundry... very hard decision.... any suggestions?? While I am doing this I am being serenaded, listening to my sister play "Spotted Pony" on the banjo... claw-hammered style (it's her first song)!!! It's just the most beautiful thing I've ever heard *sniff*. It touches me deep down somewhere... not quite sure where though... I just thought everyone would want to know about her newest talent!!;)

~Alysha

7 comments:

Will said...

I'm sure you've already made your decision, but I think I would always go with school before laundry...but that's just me. If you ever find out where that deep down somewhere is that beautiful music touches, let me know. I'm kinda curious myself...;) Speaking of beautiful music, I was listening to some pretty amazing John Doyle music today from his album "Wayward Son." I think I first heard him in your van when we were driving back from our first trip to Van Vac. Anyways, that's some pretty amazing stuff... :)

P.S. For some reason, I didn't know you drank coffee. Have you always liked it and I just didn't realize?

Fred & Leon said...

Well the hard part of the decision for me, was that if I did laundry I could watch a movie...;) Can you guess which one I chose...;) lol

The Van Vac trip...*sigh*... Such good memories!!! I miss it soooooo much=( Hopefully next year!!!! John Doyle is really good!!!! He has a great voice... just not as good as my personal favorite.... Josh Turner=)

I used to drink lots of creamer, and sugar with my coffee....=P, but just recently have started my mornings with a cup coffee sweetened with Splenda, and just a bit of milk/half and half! If I have too much caffeine in a day, I go insane, and cannot study my school, so I just stick with one cup a day to help wake me up!!

~Alysha

P.S. Guess what we did today?? =)

Will said...

Hmmm...I don't know. What did you do?

Fred & Leon said...

We got a shuttle bus (Clarence) from St. Louis!!! I'll post pics soon=) It's the coolest ride ever;) Dad's going to decide today if it's a keeper... He's practically already decided, but he'll call the guy and tell him later today!!

~Alysha

Will said...

Ooooh! WAY COOL!!! What does it look like? Did you really name the bus "Clarence"??? ;)

Fred & Leon said...

Yes we did!! Do you like it?? It took us a while to come up with a name worthy of him, but we think Clarence suits him... He's not much to look at on the outside, but inside..... he's very handsome...;) lol
The seating is BRIGHT blue, with neon orange, turquoise, and other colored geometric shapes..;) Pics will come VERY soon!!!!
It's sooo comfortable. All the seats recline, and when you lay on them, it feels like a bed. On the way home, all of us in the bus (except for the driver) fell asleep.

I miss you guys like CRAZY!!! But....I hear a rumor that you guys might visit this winter sometime... HOORAY!!!

See ya,

~Alysha

Fred & Leon said...

Yes we did!! Do you like it?? It took us a while to come up with a name worthy of him, but we think Clarence suits him... He's not much to look at on the outside, but inside..... he's very handsome...;) lol
The seating is BRIGHT blue, with neon orange, turquoise, and other colored geometric shapes..;) Pics will come VERY soon!!!!
It's sooo comfortable. All the seats recline, and when you lay on them, it feels like a bed. On the way home, all of us in the bus (except for the driver) fell asleep.

I miss you guys like CRAZY!!! But....I hear a rumor that you guys might visit this winter sometime... HOORAY!!!

See ya,

~Alysha