Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nashville, TN


On the way home after the show :) I think we arrived in Carbondale at around 4:30am... didn't get to bed til around 5:00-ish... It was totally worth it though!


My backstage pass, that I accidentally put on upside-down... lol I was kinda wrapped up in all the excitement!


The crowd at the Ryman, from the backstage perspective :)


This was the grand finale..... The Sam Bush Band, accompanied by the Josh Williams Band :) It was AMAZING!!! Two of the best bands put together. It was too much awesomeness for one stage, lol!!!!!











This is SUPER blurry, but I had to post it, cause this is Josh Williams baby boy, Weldon! We had so much fun with him! He his first debut on the Ryman stage. While his dad was playing he had his wife bring out Weldon to say hi to the crowd, it was adorable!!!


Emmy and Weldon dancing :)


This way to the stage :)





The Josh Williams Band <3 AMAZING!!!














On the way to Nashville with Auntie Emmy :) Too Cute!


He loved it when she popped out her fake tooth... LOL


He just started posing with his fingers in his nose... oh brother... lol


Such a sweet, and gentle little man we have in our family!!!!!!!

Well, as you probably know by now we were in Nashville, TN this week! We had a cd release party at the Station Inn on Wednesday night, which went extremely well! We had three special guests which included Jamie Johnson of the Grascals, Donna Ulisse, and Josh Williams! It was so much fun! Afterwards, Josh Williams told me to get my mandolin and he worked with me for about 25-30 min! It was absolutely amazing! I'm going to be going to Nashville more often for lessons with him! I'm SUPER excited about that!

Anywho... we were planning on leaving the next morning to head home, but Josh called us and asked if we would come to the Ryman Auditorium that night cause he was the opening act for the Sam Bush Band! We obviously couldn't turn down the opertunity so we spent a small portion of the day at Tom. and Miss Dixie's, then we went shopping till the show :) When we got there Josh had two backstage passes for Em and I and we spent the evening watching two AMAZING performances backstage at the Ryman Auditorium :) Can you tell we were excited... lol?

Well... that pretty much sums up our trip... It was one of the best trips I've ever had there! And in September, I get to spend a whole week in Nashville for IBMA world of bluegrass :)

Before I leave, here are the link to the Josh Williams Band, and the Sam Bush Band!

http://www.joshwilliamsmusic.com/

http://www.sambush.com/

Well, I've got some house cleaning to do before we can go to the pool, so I've gotta go :)

Bye,

~Alysha

7 comments:

Olivia said...

P.S. Jude is so adorable!
Give my love to Emily!

Kat said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! Thanks for posting pictures. I can't wait to see y'all...less than 2 weeks now!!!

Olivia said...

Bother, did my other comment not publish? I was saying . . . sounds like you had a lovely time. Maybe someday I will have a backstage pass to one of your concerts! Looking forward to seeing you folks--just two and a half weeks!!

Kat said...

My math skillz amaze me.

Fred & Leon said...

Oh Katie and Livi... I love you guys <3 We did have a lovely time, and if we ever get to do a show big enough to have backstage passes, you'll be sure to get one :) And Katie, I CAN'T wait to see you either!!!

~Alysha

Will said...

Awesome!!! Wish I could have been there!

Fred & Leon said...

Dude, you TOTALLY should have come... Talk about FUN... :)

~Alysha