My family and I have been in Minne"snow"ta for a week now, visiting relatives and very good friends. (you know who you are!) :)
We spent Christmas day in the New Richland nursing home with my grandma and granddad. It was a lovely time full of Christmas carols, knitting projects and good food. :) I also got to spend it with two people whom I hold very dear to my heart, and I couldn't have asked for a more special Christmas.
On Saturday, we drove to Stewartville, to see family on my mothers side. My cousins and I went out and played in the snow and rode in my uncles new Argo. (A land and water machine) We rode it over the snow drifts, and it was just a great time spent with my family.
Sunday, we played music for my granddad's church, and then drove three hours to Buffalo Lake to visit the Jakobitzs. We were there until today, and had so much fun (at least I did!) together. When I'm able to, I will post pictures of the totally awesome snow fort that we built in one of their giant snow drifts. Ok fine, I didn't build it. I didn't even help. I was more like their little support group as I stood and watched them build it. It was quite amusing too. :) We also jammed some, which is always fun. I hadn't practiced my fiddle in a very long time though, so it might not have been as much fun for them! :)
Well, I should probably close for now, but leave me a comment! I really enjoy reading and responding to them! :)
Emily (Fred)
4 comments:
The days that we had with you and your family this week were wonderful. Precious times that we'll savor until the next visit! It wasn't nearly long enough, but then neither was van vac even though it was a week. :) We miss you all dreadfully as soon as you go!
I hope you all have a fun New Year's Day. I enjoyed reading your post here. I got to see the amazing snow fort on my way home; it was impressive!
Love you, Em!
I tagged you on my blog if you wanna check that out. :)
It was great to see you guys for a few short hours. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see you all again.:)
Have a very happy 2009!:)
Hahaha! A few short hours seems about right! It was so nice seeing all of you guys as well. Hopefully next time we can jam more!
Hope to see you soon!
-Emily
Post a Comment