Friday, March 18, 2011

Guess what we're doing today?!?!

Well... We are in Nashville, TN recording "Blow Out the Candle, Laura" vocals! I actually heard today that the studio we're using is the same one that Rascal Flatts used to record their very first cd! I thought that was pretty cool... :)

We've got most of Mom's lead vocals recorded so far, and all of the harmonies as well. Mom is back in the booth getting ready to finish up the rest of the song. (She sings lead on this one, and does an absolutely beautiful job.) :)

Stephen Mougin is coaching all the vocals, and we're using his studio. (I'll post pictures later!) He's been an AMAZING help, and is really good at challenging us in different ways vocally. I'm having more fun here today than I've had in a LONG time. It's definitely very different... and scary... and an absolute BLAST all at the same time!!!

Can you tell that I'm just a *leeetle* bit excited about all this?!?! ;)

Anyways... I'm gonna stop rambling now... :)

~Emily

Oh yeah, we're going out for Thai food in a bit too!!! *happy dance* I LOVE Thai. Yum.

6 comments:

Nathan and Natalie said...

That sounds so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear it!!! <3 Btw, I get to go to the ball!!! Coco is going to meet me and everything...I can't wait to see you all!!!!!

Marli said...

Wow! Congratulations! Sounds like a great accomplishment. :)

Marli

Kat said...

I can't wait to hear these sounds put together!! It sounds like fun. Can I join you for Thai? ;)

Olivia said...

P.S. It's good to see you back on blogger. :)

Peter said...

Wait, is this a post by emily? *five*

Fred & Leon said...

Hey Pete, what was the *five* for? I was thinking it might be the number of posts that I've put up recently, but I counted only two... now you've got me all confused. Oh, wait... was it a 'high five' by chance? ;)

Marli, thank you SO much!

Kat, of course! I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I actually have a delicious Thai restaurant here in town... we'll go next time you visit! :)

Olivia, thanks. :) I miss you very much... :'(

~Emily