Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life Is So Good!!!

Hey Everybody,  

Sorry I haven't posted at all recently.  (Or should I say not so recently!)  :-)

We had a bit of trouble with our computer and haven't been able to load any pictures at all.  I have taken quite a few though and will post as soon as I can.  There's a lot to catch up on!

My family and I went to Branson, MO in October for a week and played music at Silver Dollar City for five days.  We have made a lot of friends there over the past four years and it's like a big family reunion whenever we visit.  There are also a lot of great roller coasters!

We also played at a bluegrass festival in Springfield, IL this past weekend which is always a lot of fun.  This particular festival we have played for the past five years is one of my favorites.

On Sunday, we stopped at a craft fair to see a friend that was selling jewelry there, and what we didn't know was that it was actually a benefit show for a no-kill animal shelter near that area.  Well, I don't exactly know how this happened, but, we ended up taking a kitten home with us that day.  His name is Calvin, and he is 9 weeks old. (I'll post pics later.)  As I'm writing this, I can hear him purring all the way in the other room. (I'm not joking!)

We also just finished our new CD (finally!) and are sending it to get mastered in Nashville, TN hopefully this week.  It took us a really long time to get all of it recorded, but it was also a extremely exciting experience. (Don't you love my alliteration?)  ;-)

Oh yea, we painted our living room red as well.  Not bright red, but like a rust, dark orangish red.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  (Yes, I'll post pictures on that as well.) :-)

So... That's pretty much all that has been going on around here.  Leave a comment and let me know what's been happening in your life!  I'm really interested!

-Emily (Fred)

2 comments:

Will said...

It's great to hear from you. Can't wait to hear your new CD.:)

Fred & Leon said...

Thanks for commenting Will, and sorry for the mix-up!

-Emily